Games: Catan Junior
- Core Set: Catan / KOSMOS / Mayfair Games
- Manufacturer: Catan
- No of Players: 2-4 Players
- Playing Time: 30-45 Min
- Minimum Age: 6+
- Release Date: 2021
Explore the seas! Catan: Junior introduces a modified playing style of the classic Settlers of Catan, giving players as young as six a perfect introduction to the Catanseries of games.
Catan: Juniortakes place on a ring of islands where 2 to 4 players build hideouts and encounter the mysterious Spooky Island, where the Ghost Captain lives. Each island generates a specific resource: wood, goats, molasses or swords, and players can acquire gold. Each player starts with two pirate hideouts on different islands, and they can use the resources they acquire to build ships, hideouts or get help from Coco the Parrot. By building ships, they can expand their network; the more hideouts they build, the more resources they may receive. Just watch out for the dreaded Ghost Captain!
Be the first player to control seven pirate hideouts, and you win!
- Catan Junior is for families with children ages 6-9. Simplified building rules, child-oriented trading, and a more innocuous robber equivalent called the “Ghost Captain” provide access to the world of Catan games.
- Skills: Some tactical and strategic thinking, although less than in the original “Catan.” Needless to say, luck plays a role too.
- Catan Junior takes families with children ages 6 and up to a place quite different from Catan as we know it. There are no “settlers” around here. Instead, the players slip into the role of pirates who build their hideouts – called pirates’ lairs – all over the islands and set sail to find new places and build more pirates’ lairs there.